Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States of America are the principal countries that require an actual migration for the applicant to acquire permanent residency, maintenance of permanent residency and then followed by citizenship.
It is important to note that each country ofers several programs for permanent residency. The notable examples are the skilled worker category and the business immigrant category. In this section, we will focus on the business immigrant categories.
The applicants who apply through the business immigration route are called Entrepreneurs or Investors. They are typically selected as permanent residents based on their past business experience, personal assets, and business project or investment. Once they maintain the status of a permanent resident for the required amount of time, they can apply for citizenship.
- EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM (Active management)
- EB-5 REGIONAL CENTER PROGRAM (Passive management)
- Citizenship by Naturalization (N-400)
- TIER 1: INVESTOR PROGRAM
- TIER 1: ENTREPRENEUR PROGRAM
- INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)
- CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION
- Start-Up Visa
- SELF- EMPLOYED PERSONS
- IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM (IIP) AND FEDERAL ENTREPRENEUR PROGRAM
- PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS (PNP)
- QUEBEC IMMIGRATION PROGRAM
- QUEBEC ENTREPRENEUR PROGRAM
- QUEBEC INVESTOR PROGRAM
- PERMANENT RESIDENCY
- CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM