Portugal, officially known as Republic of Portugal, is the most westerly country in Europe. It has a semi-presidential republic with a democratically elected government system that has been in place since 1976 with Lisbon as the capital city.
Portugal is a member of EU since 1986 and a founding member of the Eurozone.
Mainland Portugal with the Islands of Madeira and Porto Santo with the archipelago of Azores occupies an area around 92.101 km2, similar in size to UAE . Portugal has a population of circa 11 million people. The main religion is Roman Catholic and the national language is Portuguese although English is widely spoken.
Situated on the west coast of Europe, between the continents of Europe, Africa and America, Portugal’s prime location makes it a popular hub for global travel and commerce International airports in Lisbon, Faro and Porto offer a number of regular connecting flights (schedule and charter) to many countries.
Portugal, one of the oldest nations in the world (founded in 1143) is experiencing a bright period of change.
Instrumental to this progress were the discoveries made by the Portuguese in the areas of technology, knowledge, nautical science, cartography, astronomy and shipbuilding during 15th to 17th century.
Five centuries later, Portugal is still writing new pages in the world history.
InPortugalthehistoryoftheoldcontinentblendswiththecourageousandenterprisingthatalwayscategorized the Portuguese.
For more information, please visit the government website:
- Permanent Residency after 5 years;
- Eligibility or citizenship after 6 years;
- Visa - free access to EU countries that joined Schengen Convention;
- Extremely low minimum stay periods;
- Favorable taxation laws and incentives. No tax obligations for non-domicile residents ;
- Option open to liquidate your qualifying investment after 5 years;
- Many options for schooling your children In English, Germany, French, Spanish;
- Not having entered or stayed illegally in Portugal;
- Be 18 years old or more;
- No criminal record in Portugal and in the countries where the applicant has lived during the last year;
- Not appear as refused in any country having a valid agreement with Portugal in that matter;
- Have a health insurance with an authorized entity to operate in Portugal;
- Have sufficient economic resources to support himself and the family members during residence in Portugal;
- Visit the country for at least 7 days during the first year of the permit and 14 days during the following 2 year periods (renewal periods);
- Pay the taxes for the authorization process;
- Transfer of capitals of an amount equal or higher than 1 million euros;
- Transfer of capitals of an amount equal or higher than 350.000 euros to be applied in Research Activities developed by public or private institutions of scientific research;
- Transfer of capitals of an amount equal or higher than 500.000 euros designated to acquire participation units in Investment Funds or in venture capital geared to capitalize small and medium companies;
- Acquisition of a real estate asset for the amount of 500.000 euros or more. The investor may buy one or more properties as long as the total value is 500.000 euros or more;
- Acquisition of a real estate asset with construction dating back morethan30years,or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above 350.000 euros;
- Develop a business project in Portugal creating at least 10 working positions;
- 0 Year Make the investment
- 1 Year Apply for investment visa
- 3 Year Investment visa
- 5 Year Investment visa
- After Year 55 Applying for the permanent residence permit
Apply for the Citizenship