- Residency by Investment
Canada is a country in North America with an area of 9.985 million km² and with the population of approximately 36 Million people. The country has the second largest territory on earth and is extended from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into Arctic Ocean. Since many years, Canada has become one of the most attractive places to immigrate. High level of education, healthcare, standard of living, peaceful atmosphere and enormous opportunities makes it one of the top countries in investors’ wish list.
Quebec, the Canadian province offers investors a permanent resident permit program by investing in the province or by establishing a company. Until 2014, there were two immigrant investor programs in Canada. The first one was the federal government program and the other one was the QIIP. Since 2014, QIIP is the only high net worth investor program left for the applicants to apply.
Quebec is the second most populous province in Canada, which has a majority of French speaking population. Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) was established in 1986 and throughout these years it has been one of the most successful immigrant programs in the world, as it does not have any mandatory education, language and age limitations.
There are three main eligibility requirements for the investors in order to apply for the QIIP:
- The applicant of QIIP must have a legally obtained personal net worth of 1,600,000 CAD (including spouse)
- The applicant must prove that he has been a shareholder of a private company since 2 years or at least been one for 2 years out of the last 5 years. In case the applicant does not have a private company, he/she must prove that he has a managerial experience of at least 2 years as a paid employee.
- The applicant must make a deposit of 800,000 CAD for a period of 5 years and receive no interest on it
- Intention to settle in the province of Quebec
- The applicant must submit an application to the for a Quebec selection certificate. When Government of Quebec selects the applicant for the permanent residence and receives Quebec selection certificate, afterwards the Canadian Government is a competent authority for final decision making.
The 800,000 CAD investment is afterwards invested by the Government of Quebec. The interest gained from that investment is used to pay to the intermediaries. The part of the remaining portion of the interest gained is given to local small businesses in the form of 0% interest loans. The other part of the interest gained is used to sponsor the immigration programs, refugees and other beneficial issues for the society. The idea of this program is that the investor by making above-mentioned contributions and investments helps Canadian economy to grow and create more permanent jobs.
Located in the continent of North America, Canada shares land borders with only one country, United States Of America.
English . French
Canadian dollar ($) (CAD)
Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
(UTC-3.5 to -8) | Summer (DST) (UTC-2.5 to -7)
Reasons to choose Canada?
- High quality of life with enormous opportunities
- Doesn’t require the applicant or his/her spouse to meet any language requirements
- Excellent education system
- Very close relationship to the USA and NAFTA markets
- One of the best health-care systems in the world
- Opportunity to Apply for the Canadian citizenship after 4 years of permanent residency
- Visa free travel to approximately 170 countries in the world, as Canadian passport is deemed to be one of the strongest passports in the world
- Many government programs to support technological development and business
- Perfect place to do business and settle in with the family
- Superb environment and strict environmental control
Visa-Free/Visa-on-arrival: Albania, American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Wallis and Futuna, Zambia, Zimbabwe,
Electronic Authorization: Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Gabon, India, Kenya, Myanmar, Norfolk Island, Sri Lanka, Turkey,
Visa required prior to arrival: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Brazil, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Congo Republic, Cuba, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Liberia, Mali, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Entry denied: Libya