The statutory procedure for accepted foreign direct investment in the Investor Residency Bond Program includes the purchase of special Hungarian government bonds in the amount of €300,000 with a maturity of five years.
Legislation dictates that the program investment is used to purchase bonds that are issued by a Residency Bond Agent approved by the Hungarian authorities. The agent, in turn, invests that amount in the Hungarian government bonds. This transaction is subject to a Subscription Agreement with the designated enterprise, which must be licensed for the main applicant’s geographic region. The government bonds are assigned for the program only, and cannot be used for trading on the public or the secondary market.
Once the security is issued to the investor, the Residence Bond Agent will provide an irrevocable declaration certifying that a treasury bond for a nominal value of €300,000, with a five-year maturity, will be purchased from the funds received from the investor within 45 days of his/her residence permit being issued.
There is no financing option available under this program. In addition to the investment, applicants are also required to cover all processing and visa application fees.
Reasons to choose hungary?
- Government-approved investment in bonds;
- Special exemption from physical residence is applied to the main applicant and all qualifying family members;
- Fast application process. All qualifying applicants receive a Hungarian ID for temporary residency (TR) in less than three months, giving them the right to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone.
- A single application process for the main applicant and all qualifying family members, with no mandatory trips to Hungary required;
- A fast and facilitated application process for permanent residency. Applicants and their family members can apply for permanent residency just six months after receiving their TR cards;
- Free movement throughout the Schengen zone.