Republic of Malta, is a Southern European island nation in the Mediterranean Sea, lying 80 km south of Italy. It has been a member of the EU since 2004, and of the Schengen Area since 2007. The only citizenship program has visa free to USA.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
- Citizens have the right to attend schools and Universities within any EU country for free or at special tuition rates exclusive for EU nationals.
- European citizens have the right to protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of any EU country in a third country where your home EU country is not represented by a consulate.
- Access to well established EU healthcare systems.
- Citizens of EU countries are well accepted and welcomed Internationally.
- No restriction on holding dual nationality.
- Permanent citizenship which can be transferred to future generations.
- Good quality of life and stable political system.
- Personal security and possible tax planning benefits.
Introduced at the beginning of 2014, The Malta IIP is the first investment citizenship program of it’s kind to be recognized by the European Commission. The Malta citizenship by investment application process is extremely efficient, and the government of Malta is committed to the highest standard of due diligence and vetting of investor applicants ensuring only persons of impeccable standing and repute will be admitted. Malta is a highly cultured nation with firmly established institutions. As a member of the European Union, citizens enjoy a stable environment with the right to visit, work, study and reside in any of the 28 EU member countries. The Individual Investor Programmed of the Republic of Malta (IIP), by virtue of Legal Notice 47 of 2014, allows for the granting of citizenship by a Certificate of Naturalization to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta. Subject to a stringent vetting and diligence process, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their dependents are granted citizenship.
Malta is the only country out of the citizenship programs with visa free to USA. Applicants with a clean criminal record and do not suffer from any contagious diseases can apply for citizenship after holding the permanent residence for one year. Residency of this period does not mean that the investor must spend whole 365 days in Malta. The law says that a minimum stay of 14 days is a must for the applicant.
Due Diligence Fee
For the investor € 7,500 Spouse € 5,000 Qualifying dependents aged 13 to 17 years old € 3,000 Qualifying dependent above 17 years old. € 5,000 Passport fee for each person € 500 Bank charges € 200
Study the application, KYC and background security check on the client’s, sign the retainer agreement and application preparation.
Month 2 - 3
File reviewing, submission, due diligence process and waiting for approval.
Month 4 - 7
Application on process, carried out due diligence and applicant required 12 month of residency while the process is on going.
Month 8 - 9
Application Approval and contribution transfer.
Month 10 - 12
Properly purchase or lease and government bonds purchase. Collection of original passport and ID card issuance.