As a member of the European Union, Portugal is an ideal platform for European travel and business, with visa-free travel within the Schengen Area. The Golden Visa Program provides a sure route to Portuguese and European Union Citizenship after five years.
RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT
- Opportunity to live, study and work in EU member state.
- Amazing culture and history.
- Eligibility to include dependent children and parents.
- Business friendly atmosphere.
- Full family residency.
- Visa free travel in EU and Schengen Area.
- Opportunity to apply for permanent residence permit or citizenship after 5 years.
- Full access to healthcare and education.
- No mandatory requirement to reside in the country.
- Very low minimum stay requirements.
- Can ask for the non-habitual resident status, in order to enjoy low taxes for 10 years.
Portugal Golden Visa program is one of the very famous golden visa programs in Europe, it was launched in 2012. Only 7 days every year required to maintain the residence, dependent children can be included no matter about their ages as long as they are still studying.
It has to be mentioned that the program has proven a success. This program is fast track tool for the investors to get the fully valid residency in Portugal. The program is very open and welcoming to people from all over the world without any limitation to the nationality, religion or culture.
The only requirement is that the investor has to be more than 18 years old and must not have a criminal record with a sentence more than 1 year.
Recently the government waives the requirement to hold permanent residency before applying for the citizenship after completing the 5th year.
For the investor Euro 7,500 Spouse Euro 5,000 Qualifying dependents aged 13 to 17 years old Euro 3,000 Qualifying dependent above 17 years old. Euro 5,000 Passport fee for each person Euro 500 Bank Charges Euro 200
Week 1 - 8
Understand the case, signing the retainer and application preparation
Week 8 - 10
File submission, due diligence process
Week 10 - 14
Final decision, comfort letter issuance and contribution payment
Week 14 - 16
Naturalization certificate and passport issuance