E2 Investor VisasNonimmigrant Visa, USA
The USA is providing foreign investors with the opportunity to obtain an E-2 Investor Visa, granting them the legal right to reside and operate businesses within the country. This visa type is exclusively available to citizens of countries that have entered into special treaties with the USA. Neither job offers nor a sponsoring employer are required, and applications can be submitted to any US consulate.
The application processing duration can range from two weeks to four months, contingent on the consulate. This process incorporates an interview with the applicant and entails Due Diligence checks. Since E-2 visas fall under the category of non-immigrant (temporary intent) visas, they do not directly lead to ‘Green Cards.’ However, E-2 visas with two-year validity can be renewed indefinitely.
E-2 investor visas are granted to entrepreneurs ready to invest in and manage businesses in the US. While there isn’t a specific investment threshold for qualification, US legislation requires the investment to be ‘substantial,’ and applicants must be capable of ‘developing and directing’ the enterprise.
An investment of at least US $200,000-250,000 is recommended to increase the likelihood of application approval. Furthermore, the necessary investment amount can vary depending on the nature of the business.
Starting from 2023, E-2 Investor Visa applicants are required by US authorities to present proof of residing in the E-2 treaty country for a minimum of three (3) years to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the E-2 Visa
- Investment must be active, classified as a real operating enterprise that provides goods or services on US markets;
- Applicants must have personal financial stakes in the enterprise and invested funds must be at risk; meaning that merely transferring funds to a US bank will not be satisfactory. Applicants are required to take proactive measures, such as obtaining a lease, procuring business premises, acquiring essential equipment, and purchasing inventory.
- The investment cannot be marginal or an idle investment, which means that the enterprise should serve a purpose beyond merely supporting applicants and their families;
- Invested funds must be from legal sources, proof of sources of funds is required;
- The enterprise must generate profits far more that sustaining needs of applicants and their families;
- Applicants must own at least fifty (50) percent of the enterprise and have operational control through a managerial position;
- Applicants must have a clean criminal record and be in good health.
Residency in USA
High Living Standards
Easy Application Process
|Investment can be made either in the existing enterprise or a new one on the soil of the USA. Purchasing of franchise is also allowed.|
|There is no investment threshold in order to qualify. Investment must be ‘substantial’ and generally, USD 100,000 are considered as such.|
|Investment must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise.|
All remaining fees are unchanged. Therefore, the following fees continue to apply under both arms of the Programme:
|Due diligence for all applicant aged 17 and above||USD 5,000|
|Application fee per applicant||USD 1,500|
|Processing fee per person aged 18 and over||USD 1,500|
|Processing fee per person below 18||USD 500|
|Oath of allegiance fee per person aged 18 and over||USD 20|
|Passport application fee per applicant||USD 250|
|Permanent residence card per applicant||USD 1,000|