Spain Digital Nomad Visa
The Spain Digital Nomad Visa Program, launched in the end of 2022, allows non-EU citizens to live and work remotely from Spain for up to five years. The program is designed to attract skilled workers and entrepreneurs to Spain.
The Spain Digital Nomad Visa is valid for one year, and can be renewed for up to five years. After five years of living and working in Spain on a Digital Nomad Visa, applicants may be eligible for a permanent residence permit.
Applicants for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa must meet the following criteria:
- Be non-EU/EAA national;
- Be employed by a company that is registered outside of Spain, or be self-employed with clients outside of Spain;
- Applicants must have a minimum monthly income of EUR 2,160, or €25,920 per year. The income threshold increases, if applicants want to include family members in the application.
- Have private health insurance that covers the entire stay in Spain;
- Applicants must have a clean criminal record.
Applicants for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa, need to submit the following documents:
- A completed application form;
- A valid passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- Proof of employment or self-employment
- Proof of income
- Proof of private health insurance
- Police clearance certificate
Visa-free Access to the Schengen Area
High Living Standards
Access to Banking and Tax Number
Conditions and Fees
|Minimum monthly income||EUR 2,160|
At least 200% of the set minimum salary in Spain
Family units of two people, including the visa holder, must have an additional 75% of the country’s monthly minimum wage (EUR 810 per month); 25% (EUR 270) is added for each family member after that.
(As Spain periodically updates its minimum salary amount, the income threshold might be slightly changed).
|Application fee||EUR 80|
|Other expenses||costs for translating and apostilling documents; fee for obtaining NIE (Foreigner Identification Number)|
Once all required documents are collected an appointment must be scheduled at a Spanish embassy or consulate.